Halloween crafts: Spooky character paper plates
To help you with your craft making this Halloween, we’ve put together some step-by-step activities for you to follow to create the perfect Halloween crafts. Simply make sure you have everything you need from our list below and follow the steps to make your own Halloween spooky character paper plates.
You will need:
- Paint paper plates using green paint (we mixed our green with a little white to lighten the colour) and leave to dry.
- Cut two green strips of coloured paper for legs and fold to create a concertina. Glue the legs onto the plate.
- Cut out shapes for the mouth, nose, and any other details you wish to add.
- Glue the shapes and googly eyes onto the plate.
- Paint the paper plate using black paint and leave it to dry.
- Cut two black strips of coloured paper for legs and fold them to create a concertina and glue onto the plate.
- Cut out shapes for fangs and wings and glue them onto your bat.
- Add some googly eyes.
- Paint the paper plate using black paint and leave to dry.
- Cut eight black strips of coloured paper for legs and fold to create a concertina and glue onto the plate.
- Cut out a mouth shape and glue onto the plate.
- Add googly eyes.
- Paint the paper plate using orange paint and leave to dry.
- Cut two strips of orange paper for legs and fold to create a concertina and glue onto plate.
- Cut out shapes for mouth and nose and glue onto your pumpkin plate.
- Add some googly eyes.
- Scrunch up packaging paper to create a stalk and glue onto the top of the plate.
- Add leaves by curling two strips of green paper around a pencil and then glue onto plate.
We’d love to see the finished result! Once you and the little ones have completed the craft, take some photos, and tag us on Instagram or tweet us @hope_earlyyears. You can also share with us on Facebook at Hope Education UK.
If you like this, and want to see more how-to craft activities, head to our inspirational activities section of the blog.
We have put together some brilliant St George’s Day activities for preschool, consisting of some inspiring crafts to do with the little ones in your setting. Celebrate by raiding the art & craft cupboard and creating your very own patriotic crafts, including this...
Get set for Mother’s Day with this beautiful Mother’s Day flower bouquet craft perfect for early years, and surprise Mum with a lovely gift! Using resources all available on our website, we’ll take you through the step-by-steps. Let’s get started… What you will...
Make Easter egg-stra special with these paper plate Easter crafts perfect for early years, including an Easter bunny and chick! We’ll be giving you the step-by-steps to creating both of these in this article, so let’s get started… What you will need for both: Paper...