Halloween craft: Witches Brew
To help you with your craft making this Halloween, our brand rep @my_three_little_strawberries has put together a simple, witch inspired activity for you to follow. Simply make sure you have everything you need from our list below and get crafting!
You will need:
- Paper Plates
- Paint Sticks
- Cotton Wool
- Craft Sticks
- Wiggly Eyes
- Silver Marker Pen
- Black Card
What to do:
1. Take a paper plate and use paint sticks or ready-mix paint to colour the front black.
2. Once dry, cut a shallow ‘U Shape’ from the top of the plate, this will be the top of your cauldron.
3. Take a piece of coloured card to be your background and position your paper plate over it, use this to decide where the feet of your cauldron need to sit. Make the feet by cutting 2 shapes out of black card.
4. Stick your feet to your backing paper and stick the paper plate over the top.
5. Use some cotton wool to create your bubbling potion, steaming out the top – use PVA or a glue stick to stick in place. Add some eyes, glitter and other decorations to make your potion as spooky as possible. At this point, also use a craft stick to act as your soon and glue in place.
6. Take the piece of paper plate you previously cut out and glue this around the top edge of the cauldron to form a ridge.
7. The base of your cauldron craft is now complete! Simply add decorations such a glitter or foil shred to add those perfect finishing touches.
We’d love to see the finished result! Once you and the little ones have completed the craft, take some photos, and tag us on Instagram or tweet us @hope_earlyyears. You can also share with us on Facebook at Hope Education UK.
If you like this, and want to see more how-to craft activities, head to our inspirational activities section of the blog.
By using our craft rolls, or even toilet roll inners you can help children create their own bonfire.
To help you celebrate all the autumn festivals, we’ve put together some great activities and craft ideas for you to recreate.
Good weather, crafting activities and summer can only mean one thing…outdoor crafts! Read more about our summer crafts….