Fun and creative Valentine’s Day crafts for kids
Valentine’s Day isn’t just for the adults anymore, little ones can get involved too with our fun and creative Valentine’s Day crafts! We love any excuse here at Hope to get our craft on, so we’ve put together a couple of craft gift ideas for you to try with the children, plus they’re super easy and not too messy. Enjoy…
Valentine’s Day proves to be a rather fun theme for play with our first craft idea. This craft will make for a beautiful display and also keep the little ones busy for some time.
What you will need:
- Use an old cardboard box to cut a heart shape and stick it to some plain white card
- Draw pattern lines on the white card in the heart shape using a felt-tip or marker – straight lines, wiggly lines, zig-zag lines
- Add PVA glue over where you have made marks (you or the child can do this)
- Place different materials in some tubs – buttons, pom poms etc – and let the children follow the marked lines and stick them down
- When you’re done, you could stick on the wall or make a hole at the top and thread some material through to hang up
These cards are something a little different and a lot more fun than your standard Valentine’s Day card. A perfect gift idea from children to parents!
You will need:
- Get a red piece of card (or paint a piece of card red and leave to dry), and fold it in half like a card
- Cut out a heart shape, being sure to leave the card joined together slightly on the fold
- Cut out 4 strips of white paper or card and fold up until you make zig-zags
- Stick the 4 strips on to what the back of the card will be, making arms and legs for the heart
- Decorate the front of the card using wiggly eyes and marker pen or paint and sequins to make a face
- Add some paper red hearts on the ends of the white paper ‘arms and legs’ to make hands and feet
- Open up the card once dry and write a message
We hope you enjoyed our Valentine’s Day craft ideas. Make sure you share your versions with us over on our early years Instagram so we can re-post them!
If you’ve enjoyed these crafts and want more craft inspiration, head over to our Inspirational Activity Ideas page for more.
Get set for Mother’s Day with this beautiful Mother’s Day flower bouquet craft perfect for early years, and surprise Mum with a lovely gift! Using resources all available on our website, we’ll take you through the step-by-steps. Let’s get started… What you will...
Make Easter egg-stra special with these paper plate Easter crafts perfect for early years, including an Easter bunny and chick! We’ll be giving you the step-by-steps to creating both of these in this article, so let’s get started… What you will need for both: Paper...
Make Easter egg-stra special with these 3 quick, easy Easter craft ideas, full of inspiration and creativity, and perfect for early years. We’ll be giving you the step-by-steps to creating an Easter chick basket, some hatched eggs, and Easter greetings cards. So,...