Father’s Day Crafts: Card Making
We’re getting prepared this year with our Father’s Day crafts, providing you with the tools and instructions to make cards and gift ideas! We at Hope Education love craft-making, especially when the crafts can be used as gifts for occasions such as Father’s Day.
We have a wide range of art & craft resources for you to stay stocked up on, as well as plenty of resources specifically for Father’s Day, so you have everything you need to make it an extra special day.
Whether at home or nursery, early years children will be able to make this simple craft, adding their own unique twist and personalising it for their Dad and the things he likes.
This craft is a simple Father’s Day card, where children can add their own messages to Dad and decorate how they like, but here’s what we did…
What you will need:
- Take a piece of card, whatever colour you like and fold in half. You can use A4 or A3, depending on how big you want the card to be. For smaller children, we recommend using A3 so that they have more space to write inside.
- Cut a circle out of the gold foil and cut slices all around it, leaving the middle untouched so it stays together. This is going to be your ‘medal’ to go on the front of the card. You can use a pen and draw around a bowl to get a perfect circle.
- Make sure it fits the card and glue it down on the front.
- Then, cut a smaller circle out of yellow card and glue to the middle of the gold circle. This is where you can then add a message.
- Use ribbon or colouring pens to draw the ribbon of the medal.
- Finish by writing a message inside the card for Dad.
Our Classmates range is perfect for art & craft activities like this one. We have a full range of supplies at the lowest market prices, so shop here for everything you need.
Or if you like this craft and wish to see more activity ideas – click here and be inspired…
We’re celebrating National Picnic Week (19th – 27th June) with some exciting outdoor crafting activities.
We're celebrating Butterfly Awareness and World Environment Day by creating some beautiful butterfly craft activities for you and the little ones to make. Butterfly Education and Awareness Day (BEAD) takes place every year, along with World Environment Day, and the...
We’re getting prepared this year with our Father’s Day crafts, providing you with the tools and instructions to make cards and gift ideas! We at Hope Education love craft-making, especially when the crafts can be used as gifts for occasions such as Father’s Day. We...